Hello all..just taking a tiny pause here from the 'Dressing for a trip' series. I thought this could be a good and quick little post to insert here and also address a reader's query.
A reader recently asked me about smart casual trans-seasonal dressing ideas. She wanted to know the key to a simple, stylish and light look for a casual occasion such as a shopping trip or coffee with girl friends. Here's what I came up with-
1. Neutral shirt- A versatile piece that is ideal for layering and much lighter than a cardigan
2. White tee- A summer must have, this is one of my top choices for a wardrobe must-have
3. Geometric earrings- Geometric accessories are great for a polished or structured look
4. Multi toned scarf- Invest in a classic silk piece that works well in formal and casual looks
5. Bright crossbody bag- A bright or neon bag will brighten up a look for the coming season
6. Neutral nails- Pick a darker shade in the neutral tone so you're still carrying something subtle from the last season
7. Ankle boots- Better than tall boots, versatile, light and protecting your feet from the still cool air
8. Gold watch- A classic piece that works well to polish your look irrespective of season
My top three tips for transition dressing-
a. Art of layering- Use a light layer like a shirt over a floral dress during the day and striped cardigan over a solid colored top and pants for an evening look. The combinations are endless really, get creative or stick to the conventional, the choice is yours!
b. Introducing lights and brights- Wear a pastel nail color with a dark ensemble for a spring ready look or add a bright bag or scarf to your outfit, which works well for the cooler transition days.
c. Play with pattern- It could be a striped top, floral print legging or even a polka dot clutch for that matter! Just substitute one patterned piece in your winter look to gear up for the next season..
Hope this post gives you some clues for stylish transition outfits.
Writing this post was fun but it reminds me that I must gear up for the next season, quick!!
I better get back to dashboard and bring you the rest of the series before its Spring already:-)